Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Music makes me lose control

So, its been a while huh? As the examinations loom larger (question:is that correct grammar? can examinations loom? answer: who cares?!), frequency of blog posting decreases; which is a good thing, I think. Right now my life is limited to the following: sleeping, eating, using the bathroom, studying, and, having a grand time and later feeling guilty about not studying (mostly this). So I'll keep this post short, so it will appear to me as though I'm going to go off and hit some books after, even if the probability of that happening is so slim that it would make an anorexic person look fat.

Moving on, our blog topic for the day is *rat-ata-tat-a-rat* (spinning wheel of fortune/death) : "random songs on my playlist". Yeah, thats right.. just some random songs from my playlist. I'm about to push play.. and.. here goes. *click*

  • Duality by Slipknot. "I push my fingers into my eyes, it's the only thing that slowly stops the ache". What can I say to top something like that? Pure. Sheer. Brilliance. Both orignial AND oh-so-creative. Other body orifices are sooo yesterday anyway.

Canon in D by Pachelbel. Yeah thats right you insignificant nobody. I listen to classical music. So you got a problem? No? Good. Listening to classical music reflects my high IQ, not to mention increases it for short spans of time. All those of you who think EQ or some-otherQ is more important than IQ; FQ! Didn't get it? That would be beacuse of your negligible IQ; you don't have enough brains to fill an egg cup.

  • More than that by The Backstreet Boys. *skip**skip* *frantically* *skip*

Fly Away by S.H.E. Here it is. Proof that music transcends all boundaries, especially one as trifling as language. The sweet riffs.. the catchy tune....and the fact that I've heard bands rehearsing this song in the club room makes it sound even better.

  • High and dry by Radiohead. "Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, major key tonality, a dynamic male vocalist, acoustic rhythm guitars and many other similarities identified in the music genome project." pandora.com ; you're officially on my list of the most kick-ass websites ever. You know my music better than I do. Dang!

Higher by Creed. Ever heard a song so many times that you don't know if you love it or detest it? Yup, I can see you nod. Well, I can't actually see you nod, but I have a very fertile imagination, so technically, I can see you nod your noggin like Noddy. Which reminds me, whatever happened to Noddy? He fell off my radar after Noddy and the Red Sports Car. Ah! those were the days. Just me and my Noddy books. HHHaaaanyway, back to higher. This was the song I perfomed for the GTV concert in March, and to prep for it, I heard the song so many times that it was soon leaking from the pores of my skin. But yeah.... I still love the song, but only on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and alternate Saturdays. I really can't take the song on other days. Really.

ok.. I'm bored of typing now. I'm going to play my guitar for a while I think.

As my guitar; no, not Sitar (thats funny because it rhymes); gently weeps/screeches/hollers by Varun Varma.

1 comment:

Aesa said...

i love higher! its one of those songs tht cheers me up no matter what!

and once again.. lol!! funnie funnie