Sunday, September 10, 2006

Dead or Alive

Ever had one of those long days that just never seemed to end? Yea? Well me too. But I bet mine was way longer and more excruciatingly painful than yours. All blogs have this-is-what-i did-today posts, and here's mine.

Sept 8, 12 a.m.
I'm awake. Who's asleep at midnight anyway right? I don't remember what I was doing. Or maybe I don't want to tell you. Actually I was just playing curveball.

2 a.m.
I'm looking through an economics book. And I'm thinking, "When did macroeconomics become engineering math?"

3 a.m.
I am no longer flipping futile-ly through an economics textbook. I have abandoned all hope of trying to solve those crazy puzzle-things (some call them 'toots' or 'tuts'). I am resigned to my fate. In desperation, I turn to television.

4.15 a.m.
I'm thinking, "hmm... considering the fact that I have an 8 o'clock lecture that I need to attend, i should be asleep."

4.40 a.m.
I'm asleep.

7.30 a.m. - 8 a.m.
I'm awake. Two word sentences are getting annoying. I'm missing one A1 thats passing by right in front of me. I'm getting on the next A1.

8a.m. to 10a.m
I'm thinking, "geez, macroeconomics, IS engineering math reincarnated. what's going on? what am I doing here?." This quickly changes to ,"Wow thats an ugly t-shirt" or "whats the REAL meaning of life? 42's too easy" or "zzz"

10a.m. to 5 p.m.
the day passes in a blur. I'm pretty much concentrating on walking in a straight line without banging into random people. The highlight during this period is during the heat transfer tutorial when the tutor asks a question.
"Ok, who can tell me what the second condition is; in 3d it is volume, in 2d it is... anyone?"
To which I reply in a firm and unwavering, but not too overconfident and cocky, tone ,"Area!" "That is correct," replies the tutor, and all the while I'm thinking "I'm a ruddy genius"

5p.m onwards. (the weekend's here!)
Classes are over, and I'm all set to tackle the night. I start out with the band performances (at munchie), then go vote for mr. batra, who incidentally is now the president of SOIS, and whom I nominated. After which I assert my dominance over the playing field that is the Staff Club pool table. After which I "chill" with some homies and hominies. After which I watch some random movie. As you can probably imagine, by now I am no longer a person, merely the shadow of one. I am on autopilot, and nod my head to anything anyone says.


5.30 am Sept 9, 2006
Its early in the morning, but for some, like me, it is late in the day.
I lay myself down on my bed. And grant myself the gift of sleep.


oh before I sign off.. I found a random picture of gtv in march.. lt 29 i think it was (im the guy in red, and no, I don't have a hat for a face)"

No comments: