Sunday, October 29, 2006

China Part 2

Right, as promised, here is my second post on China, only about a week late. By now, my memory has probably altered facts, and what I spew out from this point on should be taken with a pinch of pepper.

China and food
Ok, this is a tricky one. My first meal here was a McDonald's McSpicy meal. Sound familiar? Nosh!t. My last meal here was chicken pizza, with frozen mocha. Sound familiar? Nosh!t. And in between, I spent a lot of my time at "Ali Baba" the "northern Chinese Cuisine" place, where we ate .... lamb kebabs, nan, and lassi. (ok the lassi's a bit much). By this point, you probably get the drift. *its a small world after all*

Now i dont usually crib about food (or anything else for that matter, cos I'm just a neat person who doesn't complain) , but I don't generally like chicken on my bones. Yes, the "meats" in local cuisine are more bones than meat. And I'm not exaggerating; when one sees little pieces of meat, one naturally assumes they're boneless. Au contraire, some of those pieces were just bones. And why stop there, other pieces were generally cartilage based, and I even ate something which while I was spitting out I was thinking "human knuckle".

Well, that aside, the food was aight.

In keeping with my character, (I'm talking laziness and sloth today) Im just going to post a few random pictures, as I promised, and let them do the talking. if each picture is worth a thousand words, you do the math. captions under picture.

"the mystic east: china"

"beware the hun in the sun. and the sun in your face."

"am the mc during the second day. and this is the only picture i have?"

"ooh. look at me. im the tall one. in the blue tie. ooh"


"get outta my picture + peter & shuting, REAL chinese people + this time i'm not the tall one"

" jason likes it. I think zaki does too. + neeraj is 'that guy' "


" me and prof chou, the vice dean of engin. no jokes here. oh wait, my eyes are closed LOL"

"I could just eat me up. Where's my nutella?"


"eh.. art?? yup.. paint a picture and call it GRBLAROIASD"

"business......?"

" ..... or pleasure?"

Thats all for this installment folks. Thats all on China for now. And thats all from me for a while. You see, I have "exams". LOL. and I also like LOL more than lol now.

Anyway, the fatman ran 8k today. so it looks like marathon or at least half mar is still doable.

peace out.

5 comments:

Aesa said...

*poser*

Anonymous said...

huh? weird you are.

Anonymous said...

nice pictures. like my bro's.

funny captions...hun in the sun..hahahha.
aparna@home

Anonymous said...

thanks. like your bro's?

mangosteen said...

yea, he went to china and pics had pretty much looked just like these