Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Why I stick wid' it

Many of my friends and fellow archers will come out and tell you, straight to your face, that I am not a very good archer. Trust me, thats a euphemism. Hell, even I know that my progress has not been as quick as some of the others, and as of now I'm pretty much the tail end of the bandwagon.

There is, however, a plausible explanation as to why I persevere, and get my @ss handed to me on a platter after periodic intervals. The reasons are manifold, the more important ones being: I just can't get enough (of archery, you doofus), and, I'm simply not going to quit until I attain a level that will allow me to leave with my head high, and people bowing all around, while walking down a red carpet, being guaranteed fame, fortune and everlasting glory (a bit too far?).

Moving on, the competition this last week was actually... enjoyable. Yes, my team actually qualified for the team event, and although we got knocked out, we went down fighting, with a very decent score. What's more, I actually shot well during that event. Even during the individual round, even though I did not do as well as training, my scores weren't putrid and repungnant enough to ensure that I would be abhorred by all at that competition. Indeed, all six of us shot within a deviation of 50 points, which is quite a bit, but again, not a gaping chasm. In short, I was relatively happy for the first time after a competition. And I want that again. And the next time, I'm going to do even better.

No comments: