Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Gift of Nag

See... this post is going to be one of those irritating annoying little 'short posts' with less words in it than you can engrave on a grain of rice (by hand, not with nanotech lasers or something) . Now, you're warned. So don't expect a long (and awesome) and winding story about some unimportant event in my life.
This is a post that promises posts in the future; good posts, awesome posts. The kind of posts that you stay up all night for, and miss classes for, and kill noisy neighbours for. Most people who read some of my awesome posts, DO stay up all night and miss classes; but going so far as to kill noisy nieghbours in order to have that perfect calm while you're reading a stormy post - now that is true and utter devotion, which by the time you read my future awesome posts, will be a trait you shall possess in no small measure.
The reason this post only promises soon-to-come awesome posts, and isn't one in itself is that I am being nagged. Yes, nagged. By a list; a to-do list to be precise. The fact is that very few to-dos on the list have actually been done. And its all annoying little stuff like send this email, order this thing, speak to that person, write this report. And I just HAVEN'T gotten around to doing that stuff/this stuff; in spite of creating the list almost 5 days ago.
Tomorrow is it I think, the day the constant nag goes away. Or at least decreases in size. It better. Cos I wouldn't want to get angry. People wouldn't like me when I'm angry. Nobody likes the Hulk when he's angry either especially people who read his blog; you see, he's not very eloquent then, and expresses himself through grunts and loud roars - beautiful prose is pretty much out of the question.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. To-do lists have that ability to get unnerving, especially when the to-dos are carried forward day after day.